I’m still here! I feel bad because it’s been a month since I posted last. What the heck!
Where to begin…
1. I am still on the Weight Watchers program, but I’ve been really lax about it in the past month. No excuses but life getting in the way. I’m on program like 80% of the time. I think leaving Heather’s watchful eye in PT has made me complacent. I am still bouncing up and down from 147 to 148.5, so it is what it is. I need to get back on track.
2. I made the decision to start up at the rec center here on campus. I have to get on weight machines and start building muscle, according to Heather. If I don’t, I’m doomed to keep hurting myself over and over again. Thankfully, ODU has a POWER program through the rec center which allows people who are bodily-challenged like myself to get 12 free training sessions with a 2nd year PT student. Whomever I am paird up with for this, I apologize in advance. I am waiting to hear back from my training person and as soon as that happens, I’m going.
3. Mr. Hall and I have been talking about going back to hot yoga. What?! I know, it seems suddenly strange to decide that one is going back to hot yoga after not going for two years. Money’s been tight, so now that I have some extra, I think I need to go back. My body hurts pretty much all day and I am convinced that stopping yoga had something to do with my injuries in the past two years. We probably will start up in the late fall. Too many things going on right now.
4. I’m teaching two classes this semester! I’ve got one class that is online, which is great since I can do all of my work on the weekends. The other is a live class on Wednesday nights. Thankfully, I’ve already been offered the same two in the spring, plus an internship class for the graduate higher education program. Yay for extra funds.
5. Extra funds= house renovations. We’ve lived in the Hall Hacienda for over 3 years and half of it is still unfinished. First bathroom is still down to the walls and in desperate need of renovation. Kitchen, which will be ripped out anyway in 5 years, needs something to make it livable until then. Carpets need to go in the front bedroom and the livingroom, as the rental carpets that were in when we moved into the house are scuzzy. We also need a new storm door, thanks to the major storm a year ago when we had the door fly open and shatter in the breezeway. Fun times, even if it did look like a disco ball had thrown up when I came up the driveway and discovered the tragedy. I’ll probably be posting a lot about the house stuff, since it’s probably more exciting than hearing about the pound I’ve gone up or done that particular week.
On top of that, we’ve got ODU football going on and Kevin is in the full throws of marching season.
Someone asked if I was ready to rip my hair out. No, not yet. It’s actually been a good month. Maybe I thrive in a busy environment?
Tomorrow night, I have a massage scheduled with my friend Katie who teaches at a massage school in the area. I get a free hour long massage for letting a student use me as her final exam model. Score!