Lesson learned tonight: it is not a good idea to do back to back classes after work!!! I was already tired but determined to do a double, back to back evening. I was completely determined, but my poor little body wasn’t very cooperative. The first class was great (new instructor Jacquelyn was teaching) but it was really humid and hot in the studio from the rainy weather. I was so thirsty after that, but I didn’t want to fill up my belly with water. I drank a coconut water after class and relaxed out in the front lobby to cool off. As soon as the second class started (again with Jacquelyn), I knew it was going to be bad. I could feel my neuromuscular connection literally shutting down. I ended up sitting out of 5 postures in the standing series and she must have known I was frustrated with myself because she kept making comments about how what’s happening right now is all that is important and to do the best you can right now. I was so frustrated- it was like my brain was saying “yes, let’s do this!” but my body was like, “do what?”.
Perhaps it went like this:
- Mind: We are awesome! Let’s do this back to back class!
- Body: You are WHACKED. We are hungry and we want to go home.
- Mind: There’s no reason why you can’t do this. We’ve done this before two times already and you were just fine.
- Body: Whatevs. I don’t have to do anything I don’t want to do. Hmph.
- Mind: Come on, just try.
- Body: I can’t heeeeear youuuuuuuu
- Mind: Okay, we’ll just sit down and regroup here.
- Body: Lay down in savasana, whaaaaaat?
- Mind: Hello? Hello?
I’m pretty sure that’s how it went down. But it’s done and over. Lesson learned. Doubles only in the morning.
In other news, I am going to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow morning. I LOVE getting my teeth cleaned. I’d do it once a month if they would let me!
60 Day Challenge Stats:
- Classes #17-19
- Classes to go: 41
- Days left: 38