I’m halfway through my first week of doubles (10 classes each week, so I did 5 classes in 3 days already) and I haven’t fallen out yet. In fact, I’m doing surprisingly well, considering I’ve done a full 20 classes in 20 days this month. This is by far the most active I’ve been in a REALLY, REEEEEEEELY long time. Like in at least 7 or 8 years. That’s major, people. I was working out quite a bit in 2004-2005 because that was around the time I was finishing my master’s degree and was getting married thereafter. But after that, it was all downhill. And you know how that ended up.
So as I reflect on the month ending and the possibility of a 90 day challenge, I can’t help but be a little bewildered. When did this change happen? Am I becoming an actual exercising person? How did that happen?
Has being in a 105 degree room for hours on end over the past few months caused my brain to work differently? Am I dehydrating myself into lunacy???? (don’t worry, I drink over 100 ounces of water every day, in addition to my 22 ounces of coconut water after each class)
But seriously, this is a strange place to be. I no longer walk into the studio and lay down on my mat, immediately worrying about injuries and things like that. I lay down on my mat and think about normal people things like this:
- It’s flipping hot in here. Why do I keep coming back?
- Maybe I should have peed one more time before I came in here.
- I hope the guy who “adjusts” himself all the time isn’t next to me. I can’t deal with that again in my peripheral vision.
- I need to shave my legs.
- Maybe I should bring a 32 ounce bottle of water to class like everyone else? No, you don’t need more than 8 ounces of water during class. You’ll just yack it up during forward folding postures.
- If I fall asleep while waiting for class to start, will I start snoring since I’m on my back?
So as you can see, my mind is totally not on what it was consumed with 6 months, even 3 months ago.
Perhaps it’s because I’ve finally come to realize, and ACCEPT, that each day on the mat is different. Even if I pull a double that day, each class is different. My body is different. This has become my mantra…
60 Day Challenge Stats:
- Classes #37-45
- Classes to go: 15
- Days left: 11