Two posts in one day, can you believe it? I had to give this it’s own post because it’s so exciting. On the way back to the house from the shoe purchase, I stopped by Trader Joe’s. Kevin and I love Trader Joe’s for a few specific things: agave, quinoa, snacky foods, and cheap tomatoes. I get there about once a month, but after today I’ll probably go more often.
Trader Joe’s is a great place for Weight Watchers people, if you know what to look for. Granted, there are some frozen dinners and things that are crazy high in fat or sugar. But, I found some great things today that I’d like to share with you. Pardon my iPhone photos!
In this you’ll see:
- Carrot Ginger soup. 1 cup is 2 points
- Brown rice cakes. 2 points each
- Reduced guilt tortilla chips. 14 chips are 3 points
- Fat free spice black bean dip. 2 tablespoons are 1 point
- Whole wheat vegan pizza dough. I didn’t calculate the points, but I had to have this.
- Roasted seaweed snacks. 1/2 of the package is 1 point
- White bean and basil hummus. 2 tablespoons are 2 points
I tried the seaweed for a snack while I was grading today. I’ll eat pretty much anything. For 99 cents, it was worth it. Tasted like sushi, kind of fishy, and nicely salted. It was weird but tasty.
But, wait, there’s more!
- Reduced guilt fish sticks (shout out to hubbie!). 6 sticks are 6 points.
- Morning Star vegan grillers. 1 patty is 2 points. I can’t wait to try these. They say they taste better than Boca burgers, which I love already.
- Reduced guilt macaroni and cheese. One container is 7 points. I ate this for dinner and it was THE BOMB. It wasn’t runny at all. Very cheesy and rich.
- Egg whites. One serving is one point. I liked that these were cage free.
- Chile lime chicken burgers. One burger is 3 points.
And then, just because…
- Coffee and Cocoa (for the hubster, the only coffee drinker in the house). I hope he likes it. I’m tired of watching him put hot cocoa packets into his coffee when he wants a mocha.
- California’s Blue Fin Pinot Noir. For $3.99, I couldn’t pass this up. May take this up to DC this weekend and drink it Friday and Saturday night!
- NEW Trader Joe’s margarita mixer. Yes, I am just DYING to try this out. Real sugar, no fake stuff in this. One serving is 45 calories, so methinks I can make a pretty low-cal margarita with this. Only 12 grams of sugar too. WIN WIN WIN WIN
Since my foot is still tender, I opted for a non-impact exercise program this morning and did a 45 minute Bar Method session. Again, grateful for my ballet barre. Only one activity point earned on this but it felt great to stretch. It’s basically a mix of yoga, pilates, and strength training. Major muscle isolation and small movements.
Here’s what I ate today:
Breakfast: egg whites with 2% sharp cheddar cheese (3 points)
Lunch: Apple (no points), quinoa tabouli (7 points) and a peppermint chew (1 point). Total of 8 points
Dinner: Trader Joe’s reduced guilt mac and cheese (7 points)
Snacks: Trader Joe’s seaweed snacks (1 point), carrots (no points), and a piece of string cheese (1 point)
I still have 9 more points to eat today. I don’t think I’ll get through them all,unless Kevin wants some dessert when he gets home.
One more day until weigh-in!